Albany Pine Bush and Discovery Center
195 New Karner Road
Albany, NY 12205
Natural Area, Nature Center: Birding, Hike, Science, Walk, Wildlife
About The Discovery Center: (OPEN DAILY, Monday-Friday: 9AM-4PM; Saturday,Sunday & Holidays: 10AM-4PM; Closed New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day) Admission is free.
• As the gateway to the Pine Bush, the Discovery Center introduces you to everything that makes the Preserve rare, significant & distinct.
• A one-of-a-kind interpretive center with interactive exhibits and a fully accessible outdoor Discovery Trail featuring local artwork, green technology and demonstration gardens.
• Indoor and outdoor classrooms where learning comes alive for schools and special interest groups.
• Our expert educators, scientists and stewards offer a variety of natural, historical and cultural programs.
About The Preserve: The Preserve trails are open year round, 24/7.
• A globally rare ecosystem located in the heart of the Capital District.
• 3,200 acre nature preserve with more than 18 miles of trails.
• Staff and volunteers conduct on-the-ground natural resource protection and management, scientific research and environmental education.
• Chosen as a National Natural Landmark for its extraordinary sand dunes, the Preserve is also a New York State Unique Area, Bird Conservation Area and a National Audubon Society Important Bird Area.
• A fire-dependent habitat that provides a home for more than 1,500 plant and animal species, including the federally endangered Karner blue butterfly.