Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory
900 Inselruhe Ave
Detroit, MI 48207
Botanical Garden: Picnic, Walk
The Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory is an exotic and rare collection of plants from around the world. It is the oldest continually-running conservatory in the United States and is divided into five distinct sections: the Palm House, the Tropical House, the Cactus House, a sunken Fernery, and the Show House. The Conservatory occupies a 13-acre parcel of land shared by the formal gardens and the Lily Pond. On the grounds is the Levi Barbour Memorial Fountain designed by Marshall Fredericks, a Japanese Tohro donated to Detroit in 1985 by the city of Toyota, Japan, and the Peacock Sundial erected in 1927. See website for updates, hours and more information.