Centenary State Historic Site
3522 College St.
Jackson, LA 70748
State Park: Birding, Hike, History, Picnic, Walk
Originally opened as the College of Louisiana in 1826, the school occupied an old courthouse and other buildings in the town of Jackson. The college steadily grew and two dormitories were built on new property in 1832 and 1837. The West Wing, the latter of these two buildings, remains today.