Fort Nisqually Living History Museum
5400 North Pearl St.
Tacoma, WA 98407
Park: Picnic, Walk
Northwest history comes alive with a visit to Fort Nisqually. Fort Nisqually is a reconstructed fur trading and farming post, established by the British Hudson’s Bay Company in 1833. Originally located 17 miles south of Tacoma near DuPont, the fort was reconstructed at Point Defiance Park in the early 1930s on a site overlooking the Tacoma Narrows.