Selmier State Forest was donated to the state of Indiana by Mrs. Frank Selmier on behalf of her husband. Frank Selmier had a strong interest in the outdoors. He planted several acres on this property of pine, black locust, black walnut, sycamore and tuliptree from 1921 to 1934. Most of the property was placed in Indiana’s Classified Forest Program between 1927 and 1931. There are three known building sites on the property: A Boy Scout cabin; the Zoar school, which was converted to a church; and an old home site off Walnut Trail.