Arkansas’s tallest prehistoric Native American mounds are preserved at this National Historic Landmark. The mounds and an earthen embankment are the remains of a large ceremonial and governmental complex inhabited from A.D. 600 to 1050. This archeological site is managed by Arkansas State Parks and the Arkansas Archeological Survey. Facilities include a visitor center with exhibits, A/V theater and archeological research laboratory. Park interpreters lead site tours along both the 3/4-mile, barrier-free trail and 1.6-mile turf trail.