Today, the grand pleasure park Henry Shaw gave the citizens of St. Louis in 1868, is home to softball, soccer, tennis, corkball and frisbee games, as well as to the strollers, joggers, and picnickers who revel in the fanciful Victorian pavilions and sculptures Shaw commissioned. . . . and in the more than 8,000 trees and shrubs he imported from around the world.