A 247-acre camping park created in 1940 by the Yakima Sportsman’s Association to promote game management and the preservation of natural resources. The park is on the floodplain of the Yakima River and is an irrigated “green zone” in an otherwise desert area. The park has a variety of deciduous trees that shade camping and picnic areas. One hundred and forty bird species have been identified in the park. Ponds lure fishers to the river. The park is a popular stay-over spot for travelers and visitors to events in the Yakima area.